This is what smart people do for fun.
Detecting gravitational waves millions of light years away, in real time. Powering computationally fast quantum mechanical simulations at high accuracy and low cost. Proving the feasibility of fusion as a source of renewable clean energy.
Of course, it doesn’t take a supercomputer to figure out that high-performance computing is much more than just fun. Thanks to AI, HPC now matters more than ever.
That’s why next week’s International Supercomputing Conference — from June 24 to 28 in Frankfurt — will feature more content than ever, much of it focused on the collision of artificial intelligence and high-performance computing.
Attendees can train up on deep learning in workshops. They’ll crowd into panels focused on the convergence of AI and HPC. They’ll take part in a day dedicated to how machine learning transforms high-performance computing.
At our booth: Visit the NVIDIA booth (#1040) where we’ll be featuring:
- Talks led by industry leaders, covering the most important topics in HPC and AI. Join us at the NVIDIA booth theatre to see:
- NVIDIA’s Steve Oberlin speaking on AI and HPC. Monday, June 25, 4 p.m.
- NVIDIA’s Marc Hamilton discussing DGX-2 and NVSwitch. Monday, June 25, 5 p.m.
- Prof. Dirk Pleiter, of Jülich Supercomputing Centre, presenting on “Bringing Neuroscience to HPC.” Tuesday, June 26, 11:30 a.m.
- Jack Wells, of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, presenting “Summit Science Stories.” Wednesday, June 27, 1:30 p.m.
- Thrilling demos and displays including NVIDIA’s new DGX-2, NVIDIA GPU Cloud and more.
- Networking with several dozen NVIDIA ecosystem partners and experts through the new Volta Experience.
- A chance to get your hands on the renowned NVIDIA ruler, as well as a VIP discount code for GTC Europe 2018.
At the show: Beyond our booth, you’ll find our story woven into workshops and presentations throughout ISC:
- Hands-on training from the Deep Learning Institute, covering Deep Learning Demystified and Accelerating Applications with Massively Parallel Computing. Sunday, June 24, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- “Will HPC Transform AI or Will AI Transform HPC?” with panellists Peter Messmer from NVIDIA, Alessandro Curioni from IBM, and Satoshi Matsuoka from RIKEN. Monday, June 25, from 5 to 6 p.m.
- “Pushing Digital Computing to the Limits,” Steve Oberlin, Chief Technology Officer for NVIDIA’s Tesla business, will be presenting “GPU-Accelerated Computing Beyond Moore’s Law,” Tuesday, June 26, 8:30 to 10 a.m. in Panorama 2.
- Machine Learning Day: NVIDIA Solutions Architect Louis Capps will share details on NVIDIA’s own SATURNV supercomputer. Wednesday, June 27.
- Summit Architecture for ML, presented by Jack Wells of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Wednesday June 27, 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. in Panorama 2.
- Workshop on the convergence of large scale simulation and artificial intelligence, presented by NVIDIA’s Christoph Angerer and Axel Koehler. Thursday, June 28, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Gold 3.
- Workshop on interactive high-performance computing, presented by NVIDIA’s Peter Messmer and Michael Ringenburg, from Cray. Thursday, June 28, 2 to 6 p.m. in Alabaster 2.
If this sounds like fun to you, keep up-to-date on all things HPC and AI: follow our social handles @NVIDIAEU and @NVIDIADC, and #ISC18.
The post AI Storms Top Supercomputing Show – NVIDIA Brings Talks, Training, Demos, and More to ISC appeared first on The Official NVIDIA Blog.