Welcome to the Spring 2017 Update!
The next free update in the award-winning Sid Meier’s Civilization franchise is live for Mac and Linux on Steam! This update includes a number of balance changes, AI adjustments, multiplayer changes, and bug fixes. There is also a new premium DLC available for purchase!
Here are some of the highlights from the patch notes:
- Harbors now give a major adjacency bonus with the City Center, +1 Food to all Coast tiles when the Lighthouse is built, and +2 Gold to all Coast tiles when the Seaport is built.
- Australia now gets +1 for Charming/+3 for Breathtaking on the four affected districts (had been +2/+4) to compensate for the Harbor boost above.
- Adjusted Warmonger penalties for Diplomatic status (specifics in full patch notes).
- Adjusted Warmonger penalties for City Population (specifics in full patch notes).
- Bomber units are now more effective against cities.
For the full set of changes to the Steam version, see them in detail here!
Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
Also available now is the next premium DLC featuring the Persia and Macedon civilizations!
Persia, led by Cyrus, is perfect for players who want to build a rich empire, and who aren’t afraid to launch a sudden, unexpected military strike. Macedon, led by Alexander the Great, is a powerhouse conquering civ, with special units and abilities that let Macedon bring the world under its control from early in the game.
The DLC pack also includes two new Wonders and a new Scenario: The Conquests of Alexander. Can you conquer the known world before your time runs out?
If you have the Digital Deluxe, the Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack will download when you start the Steam client. Separately, it costs $8.99.
For more information on Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI please visit https://www.civilization.com/ or follow @CivGame.
The post Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI: ‘Spring 2017 Update’ is Live on Mac and Linux Steam! appeared first on The Aspyr Blog.