Every day’s a sale, every sale’s a win! Buy stuff now or kick yourself later.
Every day’s a sale, every sale’s a win! I won’t even charge you a mark-up!
The NieR franchise has always been known for its best in class music compositions and with the release of the NieR: Automata Original Soundtrack, that same tradition continues to hold true. Featuring another playlist of exhilarating sounds composed by Keiichi Okabe, you’ll spend countless hours lost in the 3-disc set.
While we’re on the topic of music, there’s also one special tune that we haven’t been able to get enough of. The Emil Shop Song tune that our Square Enix Members team played during the previous NieR: Automata DLC stream has been stuck in our heads and we wanted to find a way to share the happiness with the NieR community.
Starting today, you can download the Emil Shop Song for FREE as part of our NieR: Automata Emil Shop Song Lyric Video Contest! The grand prize for this contest is an extremely rare NieR: Automata Black Box Edition signed by YOKO TARO and all you need to do is make a NieR music video featuring this awesome track with on screen lyrics. Whether you want to use your own fan art, video capture from the game or screenshots, it’s your call. All we ask is that you somehow incorporate the loveable Emil into the music video for our judges. Speaking of judges… our very own game director, YOKO TARO, will be the one selecting the winners so be sure to put your best foot forward.
All entrants will also receive 30 Square Enix Members points for an additional chance of winning the NieR: Automata Black Box Edition signed by YOKO TARO through a Square Enix Members Rewards raffle. More details will be announced on a future date.
Are you ready to show us what you’ve got? Get started by downloading the MP3 and lyric files here: http://bit.ly/emilshopcontest
Our team is really looking forward to seeing what creative talents our fans have and we will be eagerly awaiting your submissions. Until then, please be sure to read the official rules thoroughly and follow us on our official NieR social channels for the latest news.
NIER: AUTOMATA™ “Emil Shop Song Lyric Video Contest” Official Contest Rules
IMPORTANT! Please read the following rules before entering the Emil Shop Song Lyric Video Contest (the “Contest”). By entering the Contest, you (“Entrant”) agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements for the Contest.
North America Official Contest Rules
THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) WHO HAVE AN ACTIVE NORTH AMERICA SQUARE ENIX ACCOUNT AND AN ACTIVE TUMBLR ACCOUNT (REGISTRATION FOR BOTH IS FREE) AND ARE OVER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. IF YOU DO NOT SATISFY THESE REQUIREMENTS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND SQUARE ENIX, INC. (“SQUARE ENIX”) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOT AWARD PRIZES TO ENTRANTS WHO DO NOT SATISFY THESE REQUIREMENTS. RESIDENTS OF JURISDICTIONS OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER THE CONTEST UNDER RULES APPLICABLE TO THOSE RESIDENTS’ JURISDICTIONS, IF SQUARE ENIX OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE POSTED SUCH RULES. If you are under the legal age of majority in your state, province, or country of residence (a “Minor”), your parents or legal guardians must read, understand, and agree to these Contest rules. To be eligible to win a prize, you must participate in the Contest in the manner described below. Directors, officers, and employees of Square Enix and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, vendors, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. There is a limit of one entry per person per category; multiple entries shall be excluded and disqualified. Offer void where prohibited.
2. CONTEST PERIOD
The “Entry Period” begins on Friday, May 26, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. (Pacific Time) and ends on Friday, June 23, 2017 at 6:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) (the “Deadline”). Entries must be submitted by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize. Square Enix will, in its sole discretion, determine the valid and official entry time should any discrepancies of time occur. Square Enix reserves, in its sole discretion, the right to extend the Entry Period for whatever reason without notification.
3. HOW TO ENTER
During the Entry Period, Entrant must follow the instructions posted on this webpage and take the following steps to enter:
- Step 1: Download the music and lyrics to the Emil Shop song at the following link: http://bit.ly/emilshopcontest
- Step 2: Using the provided Emil Shop song music and lyrics, create a lyric music video with the below criteria and upload that song to a hosted video service of your choosing (the “entry”).
- Entrant must incorporate videos, images, fan art, or screenshots from NIER: AUTOMATA™ into the submitted entry
- Entrant must include at least one (1) scene that features images or video of the character Emil
- Entrant must display the Emil Shop song lyrics on screen
- Entrant must include the entirety of the Emil Shop song and lyrics as provided, and must not modify the Emil Shop song or alter the lyrics in any way
- Entrant must save the video in one of the following accepted resolutions:
- 720p (1280×720)
- 1080p (1920×1080)
- Entrant may collaborate with other people; however, only one (1) prize will be awarded per entry, if selected
- Step 3: Visit the official Square Enix Tumblr page (www.squareenix.tumblr.com) and click “SUBMIT” at the top right of the page. Then, enter a link to your entry and your Square Members username created from the Square Enix Members site (https://store.na.square-enix.com/login).
- If you do not have a Square Enix Members username, you must create an account by following the instructions provided at https://membership.square-enix.com/register (creating an account is free).
- Step 4: Approximately one (1) week after the Deadline, log into your Square Enix Members account to redeem thirty (30) accrued points for a single (1) entry into the Square Enix Members Raffle through the following URL: https://store.na.square-enix.com/rewards
- Square Enix Members Raffle entry must be received no later than Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 6:59 pm (Pacific Time) (the “Raffle Deadline”).
- Limit of one (1) Square Enix Members Raffle entry per person.
- The number of points redeemed for entry will be deducted from your Square Enix Members account. No points will be refunded or credited to your Square Enix Members account once redeemed.
- You will not be permitted to submit an entry into the Square Enix Members Raffle if you do not have the required number of points.
- Entrant is not permitted to use the Emil Shop song music and/or lyrics for any purpose other than to submit an entry to this Contest subject to the terms provided herein; except as authorized herein, Entrant is prohibited from providing or making the Emil Shop song music and/or lyrics available to others.
- Entrants may not modify entries after submission.
- Square Enix reserves the right to judge whether or not material is appropriate for public display.
- Square Enix reserves the right to remove or take down any content in its sole discretion.
- Entrant must not include personal information such as Entrant’s name or address in the body of Entrant’s submission entry.
- Square Enix shall not accept and may delete submissions that: (a) deviate from the established theme; (b) violate or infringe any laws, regulations, or rights, including any intellectual property, publicity, or privacy rights; (c) are missing required information; (d) are obscene, vulgar, or discriminatory, or contain any other offensive subject matter; (e) are counter to public order and/or morals; (f) Square Enix judges, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate for any reason; (g)contain false or misleading information; (h) make unauthorized or fraudulent use of a third party’s name, email address, character name, or likeness; (i) are potentially defamatory; (j) are of low resolution or otherwise difficult to see, hear, or evaluate; (k) violate any other rule or condition in these terms or on this webpage; and (l) are otherwise damaging or detrimental to Square Enix or any third party. Square Enix reserves the right to reject and/or delete any submissions for any other reason.
- The Contest is not administered, sponsored or endorsed by Tumblr, or otherwise associated with Tumblr. Entrants acknowledge and agree that by entering the Contest they are providing their information to Square Enix and not to Tumblr. Each Entrant hereby releases Tumblr of all liability. Entrants must direct any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest to Square Enix, and not to Tumblr.
There are two ways to win:
A) Content Creators:
After the Deadline, Square Enix shall select the top twenty (20) submissions based on originality, creativity, and artistic merit within the above-described themes, and shall submit these videos to Yoko Taro, director of NIER: AUTOMATA™, for his review and selection of three (3) contest winners (each, a “Contest Winner”). Square Enix shall award a prize to each Contest Winner as follows:
The one (1) Entrant who submitted the best entry as selected by Yoko Taro (i.e., the grand prize winner) will receive each of the following items:
- One (1) NIER: AUTOMATA™ Black Box Edition, signed by YOKO TARO (approximate retail value $189.99)
- One (1) NIER: AUTOMATA™ Poster, signed by YOKO TARO (approximate retail value $9.99)
- One (1) NIER: AUTOMATA™ T-Shirt (approximate retail value $29.99)
The two (2) Entrants who submitted the second-best and third-best entries as selected by Yoko Taro (i.e., the honorable mention winners) will receive each of the following items:
- One (1) NIER: AUTOMATA™ Day One Edition, signed by YOKO TARO (approximate retail value $59.99)
- One (1) NIER: AUTOMATA™ Poster, signed by YOKO TARO (approximate retail value $9.99)
- One (1) NIER: AUTOMATA™ YoRHa 2B Figurine (approximate retail value $59.99)
- One (1) NIER: AUTOMATA™ Hardcover Artbook (approximate retail value $29.99)
B) Square Enix Members Raffle:
After the Raffle Deadline, Square Enix shall select one (1) Square Enix Members Raffle prize winner (“Raffle Winner”) at random from amongst the eligible entrants who submitted a ticket during the Entry Period. The Raffle Winner shall receive the following prize:
- One (1) NIER: AUTOMATA™ Black Box Edition (approximate retail value $189.99)
Only eligible Entrants will be eligible to win the prizes described above. Online entries must be received by Wednesday, June 20, 2017 to be eligible via this method of entry. Square Enix will, in its sole discretion, determine the valid and official entry time should any discrepancies of time occur.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Square Enix reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value for any prize listed above. The retail value of prizes is listed in United States dollars. Actual retail value of prizes may vary due to market conditions at the time prizes are awarded. If applicable, prizes won by a Minor (as determined by the laws of the entrant’s country, state, or province of residence) will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian on the Minor’s behalf. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The number of winners of each prize is subject to change at Square Enix’s sole discretion.
5. GENERAL CONTEST RULES
The Contest Winners and Raffle Winner will be announced within one (1) month of the Deadline. Square Enix shall notify the Contest Winners and Raffle Winner via the email account associated with the winning entry at or about the same time (the “Notification Package”). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
To be eligible to receive a prize, each Contest Winner and Raffle Winner must follow the instructions contained in the Notification Package and respond with the information or documents requested prior to the date specified in the Notification Package. Such requested information may be necessary for purposes of filing a 1099 form with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (the “IRS”). If a Minor is selected (as determined by the state, province, or country of residence), a parent or legal guardian must sign any required or requested documents. The requested documents must be sent to Square Enix at the address specified in the Notification Package and must be received by Square Enix by the date specified. If any Contest Winner or Raffle Winner fails to provide the requested information or documents according to the instructions provided in the Notification Package, or if the requested documents are not signed by an appropriate party (e.g., by a parent or legal guardian, if a Minor is selected) or are not received by Square Enix by the specified date, the Contest Winner or Raffle Winner shall be deemed disqualified and will forfeit his or her eligibility.
If disqualified for any reason, the Contest Winner or Raffle Winner will not receive any prize. In the event that a Contest Winner or Raffle Winner forfeits or is disqualified, Square Enix will select an alternate Entrant as a replacement for the disqualified or forfeited winner.
Entrants must submit their own name, birth date, email address, cell phone number, and/or other information as requested. Entrants may not impersonate any other person, or entity, or submit false or misleading information; Square Enix reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that does so. If a Minor is selected (as determined by the laws of the state, province, or country of residence), such Minor needs to obtain consent from a parent or legal guardian. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the participant, entries shall be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Square Enix Members account submitted at time of entry. The potential winner may be required to provide Square Enix with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the Square Enix Members account associated with the winning entry.
6. SQUARE ENIX OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
All entries and other materials (the “Entry Materials”) (including all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights associated therewith) submitted by you become the property of Square Enix upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any Entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Square Enix will own all rights to use, modify, and make derivative works of the Entry Materials, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Square Enix’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Square Enix to effect, perfect, or confirm Square Enix’s ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph. Entry Materials received by Square Enix may be destroyed by Square Enix at any time following the Contest.
7. ORIGINAL WORK OF AUTHORSHIP
You hereby warrant and represent that as between you and parties other than Square Enix: (a) you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate, or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
8. SQUARE ENIX INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
You acknowledge that the products related to, and the trademark rights in, the SQUARE ENIX® marks are exclusive to Square Enix and include, but are not limited to, the rights to use, reproduce, sell, distribute, broadcast, display, and make derivative works of, without compensation to the Entrant.
9. GENERAL RELEASE.
By entering the Contest, you (and, if you are a Minor, your parents or legal guardians) release and indemnify Square Enix, any other participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, vendors, and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or acceptance, possession, misdelivery, use of, or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, misappropriation or infringement of intellectual property, whether intentional or unintentional) whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory.
IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS FURTHER AGREE TO RELEASE AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH THAT MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOU.
10. SELECTION OF PRIZE
Actual model, color, accessories, and features of the items awarded as prizes shall be selected by Square Enix in its sole discretion and may vary from photos or images, if any, shown in the Contest materials and advertising including the Square Enix web site.
11. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.
Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use the Entrants’ (including Contest Winners’, Contest Winners’ collaborators, and Raffle Winner’s, where applicable) names, account names, avatars, profile images, likenesses, prize information, submissions, and/or other information in connection with the Contest or for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, the Contest Winners or Raffle Winner may be required to execute a further consent to the use of their names, account names, addresses, likenesses, and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. You hereby warrant and represent that you own all rights to your name, account name, avatar, profile image and likeness connected with your entry and your Square Enix Members account, and that all such materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate, or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
12. AFFIDAVIT AND RELEASE.
As a condition of being awarded any prize, the Contest Winners or Raffle Winner (or such winner’s parent or legal guardian, in the case of a Minor) may be required to execute and deliver to Square Enix a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, an acceptance of these Official Contest Rules, a release of liability, and/or other agreements or releases. Square Enix may require, in its sole discretion, to have any requested documents notarized by the Contest Winners or Raffle Winner (or such winner’s parent or legal guardian, in the case of a Minor).
13. WINNERS’ LIST; RULES REQUEST
For a copy of the winners’ list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope within three (3) months of the deadline to Square Enix at the address listed in Section 23 below (Attention: NIER: AUTOMATA EMIL SHOP SONG LYRIC VIDEO WINNER’S LIST).
14. COPYRIGHT NOTICE.
The Contest and all accompanying Contest materials are Copyright © 2017 by Square Enix, Inc. unless otherwise indicated. All Rights Reserved.
The Contest and these Official Contest Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the United States of America. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and by the decisions of Square Enix, which are final and binding in all respects. Square Enix reserves the right to change these Official Contest Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any Entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond Square Enix’s control affect the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest or Square Enix otherwise becomes, as determined in its sole discretion, incapable of running the Contest as planned at any time without any notice. Entrants who violate these Official Contest Rules or the terms of service of Square Enix, tamper with the operation of the Contest, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Square Enix, the Contest, any other Entrant, or any other person in each case as determined in Square Enix’s sole discretion, are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Square Enix reserves the right to disqualify persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Contest Rules or the Contest, please send written questions to Square Enix at the address set forth below.
16. FORCE MAJEURE
Square Enix reserves the right to change, suspend, or cancel the Contest if, in Square Enix’s sole discretion, intervening circumstances warrant such change, suspension, or cancellation. Intervening circumstances include, but are not limited to, strikes, labor disputes, war, insurrections, revolutions, terrorism, riots or other civil disturbances, earthquakes, fires, floods or other natural disasters, governmental restrictions, embargoes or other exercises of governmental authority, unavailability of supplies, components, or material, or any other cause beyond Square Enix’s control.
Square Enix, all participating sponsors, Tumblr, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees, agents, vendors, and agencies will not be responsible for any of the following: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) any telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, internet, or other computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Square Enix or other participating sponsors; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
Square Enix reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions set forth herein without notice; however, the remaining terms in this Official Contest Rules remain in full force and effect, and all rights and obligations set forth herein and any amendments shall be binding upon Square Enix and the Contest Winner or Raffle Winner, should such change take place.
19. TAXES, COSTS, AND FEES
It is each winner’s sole responsibility to file winning prizes with the IRS or other governmental entities, should it be required by law to do so. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, AND LOCAL TAXES, OR OTHER COSTS OR FEES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Each winner shall consult with a professional, if necessary.
20. NO ENTITLEMENT TO FEES
IN NO EVENT WILL THE ENTRANTS (INCLUDING THE CONTEST WINNERS AND RAFFLE WINNER) BE ENTITLED TO ANY FEE, ROYALTY, OR OTHER COMPENSATION OF ANY KIND AS A RESULT OF THE CONTEST. BY ENTERING, EACH ENTRANT (AND, IF A MINOR, HIS OR HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO COMPENSATION FOR SQUARE ENIX’S USE OF SUCH ENTRANT’S ENTRY MATERIALS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES.
21. LEGAL COMPLIANCE
Each Entrant (including the Contest Winners and Raffle Winner) shall comply with all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations at all times.
23. CONTEST SPONSOR.
The sponsor of the Contest is Square Enix, Inc. Square Enix is a leading developer and publisher of digital entertainment content. Correspondence regarding the Contest or these Official Contest Rules may be directed to the following address:
Square Enix, Inc.
Attention: NIER: AUTOMATA EMIL SHOP SONG LYRIC VIDEO CONTEST
999 North Sepulveda Blvd., Third Floor
El Segundo, California 90245