Calling all streamers! We are holding our second annual #CreateForKids charity drive, powered by Tiltify, to raise money for Save the Children!
This is an incredible opportunity for us to show what a powerful force for good the Twitch community can be, help children around the world, and bring new viewers into your communities. Last year we raised over $17,000, and we are aiming to raise even more this year. Plus, an anonymous donor has even offered to match the first $30,000 raised! And, thanks to Elgato Gaming, the first five fundraisers to raise $1000 will get an Elgato Stream Deck.
For the event, we are taking submissions for a coloring book which will be included as a thank you package to donors. Donors will receive a digital copy as a thank you gift for $20 or more and a physical copy for $50 or more.
Anyone can participate, so you can raise money through any kind of stream. Create for Kids is an event that celebrates the creation of a coloring book so we do encourage broadcasters participating to try streaming to Twitch Creative. Want to stream to Creative but not sure what you can do? You can purchase a coloring book to color on stream, try a cooking broadcast, paint along with Bob Ross, or even perform interpretive dance and freestyle rap while you blacksmith. The possibilities are endless!
We can’t wait to see what you create; happy streaming!
Find out how to participate:
- Create a campaign! Create a fundraising campaign to raise money from July 21 to July 31.
- Add graphics to your stream! We’ve also created a nifty graphics package to show your support for Save the Children.
- Let us know! Once you have created a campaign, make sure to let us know! If you submit your information, we will do our best to feature you.
- Submit your page to the coloring book! Do you want to contribute a page to the coloring book? You can create a page with line work to be considered for the final coloring book.
- Get social! Stream to the Create For Kids Community on Twitch! You can also use the tag #CreateForKids on social media to share your streams and show off your creations.
ABOUT SAVE THE CHILDREN:
Save the Children invests in childhood — every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
In 2016 alone, Save the Children worked in 120 countries, including the United States, and helped more than 157 million children. It’s a great cause and we’re hoping you’ll join us on #CreateForKids.
Help kids and get cool stuff with the Create for Kids charity event was originally published in Twitch Blog on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.