Bungie and Activision Unveil Destiny 2 Gameplay with New, Action-Packed, Character-Driven Story and a Breadth of Activities in a Live Broadcast
Conquer the World in the Massive Global Conflict Mode!
- Join players to battle for control of and hold territories in every corner of the globe!
- The more areas your team controls, the higher your team’s score, and the more Heroes you have, the more territories you can claim.
- Watch your Heroes engage in epic 3D battles as they conquer and hold enemy zones!
- The stronger your Heroes, the greater the buff they give to your GC Base. Level and Prestige your Heroes to watch them annihilate enemy attackers!
- Participating in GC earns Cryptokeys to spend in the Black Market
- Spend Cryptokeys to earn exclusive items including Wildcards, Prestige Skins, Calling Cards, and more!
Prestige Mode comes to Heroes!
- Prestige your Heroes to make them even more powerful!
- Play Global Conflict to earn Prestige XP for your Heroes!
- Each Prestige Level unlocks new Wildcard slots.
- Wildcards are unique and offer special bonuses to your Heroes. Equip them to increase your Hero’s stats and even power up your Killstreaks!
- Prestiging also unlocks epic Prestige Skins that improve Heroes stats!
New and Improved Inventory and Mail System!
- Revamped the usability of the Inventory to make item selection easier and quicker.
- Added an all new Mail System to receive news, announcements, and gifts.
4.0 Upgrade Gift
- Enjoy a gift pack in your Inventory of a Wildcard and a Prestige Tokens!
- Improved Alliance War Matchmaking
- Decreased gap in Alliance War Strength by increasing search time and decreasing required battle power difference.
- Improved textures and visuals.
- Various bug fixes and optimizations
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Available Now, First on PlayStation®4
Treyarch packs their favorite Zombies moments from three Call of Duty games together into a completely remastered experience
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Unleashes Hordes of the Undead on May 16, First on PlayStation®4
Call of Duty WW2 was recently announced and COD fans all over the globe can’t wait to get their boots back on the ground and tackle one of the largest and most horrific wars to affect our world. Sledgehammer Games and Activision are at the helm of Call of Duty WW2 and with little bits of information scattered all over the internet, we thought it would be a good idea to scoop them all up and deliver them to you in one bite-sized chunk. Here’s everything we know so far about Call of Duty WW2.
Releasing This Year
Slotted to release on November 3rd, Call of Duty WW2 sets to continue the franchise’s yearly delivery and looks to promise a truly harrowing experience through World War 2.
Not only is Call of Duty WW2 releasing this year, but we will be receiving a beta sometime before release! Players who pre-order a copy, either digitally or physically, will get their hands on the Private Multiplayer Beta for, at a minimum, 3 days, which means it could be over a long weekend (we might feel a bit “sick” that Friday or Monday) or over an entire week.
Any PlayStation players out there will be thrilled to hear they’ll receive the beta first. What’s exactly in this beta, we’re not too sure. Thankfully, more information will be provided at E3 – that’s (gasp) next month!
Defeat the Nazis
Call of Duty WW2 takes us back into the familiar territory of a Nazi-controlled Germany, but this time we’ll be playing as Private Roland “Red” Daniels, a farm boy from Texas who has managed to join the US 1st Infantry Division, or as they like to be known, the “Bloody 1st”.
The campaign will take you from the sand and grit of Omaha Beach through the Hürtgen Forest, a forest lined with tree burst bombs, and into the French resistance. There are rumors around that one section of the campaign will have you playing as a woman in the resistance. Playing a campaign from multiple perspectives is a treat, as it helps to build the narrative and creates more moments of shock and awe.
No More Jetpacks in Multiplayer
Call of Duty WW2 is returning to its roots in what is being touted as “boots on the ground multiplayer”, where players will have their toes firmly planted in the dirt and muck. We love the fast-paced nature and verticality of the recent Call of Duty titles, but we’re just as excited to go back in time and revisit some classic Call of Duty styles.
The multiplayer Private Beta that is taking place later this year will be the first hands-on experience a lot of players get, and we’re certain it’s going to be amazing. Some fans on Twitter are already reaching out to developers, with one user asking about the appearance of female characters. Michael Condrey, the chief operating and development officer of Sledgehammer Games responded in the affirmative, there would be female characters in multiplayer!
@indy8818 Yes, for sure!
— Michael Condrey (@MichaelCondrey) April 30, 2017
Kill the Nazi Zombies
After you’ve finished violently removing the Nazi’s from Germany, you will need to use all the skills you’ve learned to fight them again! Call of Duty WW2 is bringing back the series’ iconic Nazi Zombies, which we haven’t seen in far too long.
There is little information available, but at the moment all that’s been revealed is that the Nazi Zombie mode in Call of Duty WW2 is “an entirely new story and a pretty horrifying experience,” and the story will tell “the story of the Third Reich’s desperate attempt to create an army in the final stages of the war.”
It’s exciting to see the Nazi Zombie gametype evolve from a pure survival mode to including an immersive narrative that borrows from history and creates an alternate reality story. We can’t wait to see what horrors await us in Call of Duty WW2’s new zombie mode!
Call of Duty WW2 is releasing November 3rd, which can’t come soon enough. Thankfully, between now and then there will be reveals at E3 and the multiplayer Private Beta for players who pre-order. What are you most excited for in Call of Duty WW2?