There clearly seems to be some confusion about various patch versions, for which we are very sorry, so let us explain it a little bit.
When we finish any patch we can’t just upload it and send it to you immediately. There is a certification phase in which platform holders check whether the patch is stable. This process takes various amounts of time on different platforms. This is the reason why the patches are released at different times.
However, they check not only stability but also platform-specific requirements, for example, whether the controllers are named correctly, whether you can change user mid-gameplay etc. If we fail any of these platform-specific requirements, we have to upload a correction just for that specific platform. This is the reason why we are releasing a different number of patches on each platform.
We don’t have any control of patch version numbers that you see when downloading. These are numbers assigned by platform holder and they could vary in different regions, languages etc. So if you want to be sure which version you have installed, launch the game and in the main menu check the bottom left corner. That’s the right patch version.
Apart from the micro-corrections for specific platforms, these are the patches released:
Gold master – Version 1.0 This was printed on DVDs. You could only have played it on consoles if you rejected all the patches. We strongly advise against that
Day 1 patch – Version 1.1
This was available on all platforms on Day 1. This is also the version the game was reviewed on (unless the reviewer declined the patch, which, sadly, some did…) These are the release notes:
- Addition of multiple new events to the open world
- Massive improvement in dialogue animations
- Gaining money and experience is rebalanced
- Weapon and armor stats are rebalanced
- General combat improvements Improved NPC reaction time
- Sound propagation adjusted
- Archery is now possible in stealth mode Improved
- Persuasion UI
- Plus numerous other bug fixes and improvements
Week 1 patch – Version 1.2
We actually managed to squeeze this patch into Steam on Day 1, which caused major confusion on other platforms as to whether they actually received the Day 1 patch or not. This patch was later released on PlayStation on 15.2. and should pass certification on Xbox very soon. These are the release notes:
- Stealth and Stealth kills adjustment
- People now get dirty more gradually
- Additional quest bugs fixed
- Various optimizations
Hotfix – Version 1.2.5 (upcoming)
We already fixed some of the worst bugs and want to give these fixes to the community as fast as possible. Therefore we will push this to certification on Monday 2/19
- Fix for R2 button being non-responsive in combat
- Fix for issues in quests with Hans Capon
- Fix for quest Ginger in a Pickle
Patch 1.3 – (upcoming)
This is the patch we are currently working on. It hasn’t been released on any platform yet. It’s mainly focused on bug-fixing as we are studiously going through every player report, watching every stream we can and fixing all the bugs as fast as possible. But apart from these fixes, we are working on the following features: (Which is not guaranteed for delivery in this patch )
- Save and Exit functionality
- Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers
- Pickpocket minigame improvement
- Alchemy recipe for respec potion
- Many quest-related bug fixes
We truly want to thank you guys for being the best part of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Stay tuned and as always, keep it medieval!!!