Issue: RealSense Viewer or other Windows camera apps do not recognize the Intel RealSense D415 or D435 Depth Cameras.
- Only one node, RGB or Depth, is shown under Imaging Devices.
- Only one node, RGB or Depth, is shown in RealSense Viewer from RealSense SDK 2.0.
Cause: Windows driver for the Intel® RealSense™ D415 and D435 Depth Cameras does not install correctly.
- Reboot the PC.
- Plug-in camera into different USB3.0 port on same PC.
- Plug-in camera into a USB3.0 port on different PC.
- Uninstall and reinstall camera drivers and Windows UVC drivers.
To uninstall camera drivers
- Find camera nodes in Device Manager -> Imaging Devices.
- Right click on desired node.
- Select Uninstall Device.
4. Select box for “Delete the driver software for this device.”
5. Uninstall device under “Universal Serial Bus devices.”
6. Uninstall device under “Cameras.”
7. Reboot the PC and/or disconnect and reconnect the camera to the same or different USB 3 port.
If these workarounds don’t work you may have a faulty camera that needs to be replaced.