Creative Chronicles: Programming
PROGRAMMING IN C++
C++ is a standard language with a solid process for standardisation and improvement at an international scale. C++ comprises a combination of both high-level and low-level language features and is the only industrial programming language that is built around this concept. It is also one of the most popular programming languages ever created.
Our Coding Manager, Guy Davidson, is our industry expert for the British Standards Institute (BSI) and is part of the ISO C++ Standards Committee. Creative Assembly is the first AAA studio to be a part of this.
The language is growing to meet the emerging needs of the modern world and the committee is essential in standardising its use. Over 100 people meet two or three times a year in locations around the world to form the committee. They review new ideas and put them forward for standardisation, sending other ideas back for improvement. These ideas come from the community of users (which exceeds 5 million).
- Watch our programming video presentations, including Andy Bray talking at Nucl.ai Conference 2016 about the AI of Alien: Isolation.
- Our Lead Graphics Programmer, Tamas Rabel, shares a series on the Anatomy of the Total War Engine in GPUOpen.
- Our Animation Programmer, Hubert Mohr-Daurat, shares a poster presentation on ‘Automated Regression Tests For Character Animation Systems‘.
- Our AI Programmer, Duygu Cakmak, spoke to GamesIndustry.Biz about her journey into the industry.
- Our Creative Chronicles series focuses on different areas of games development. Previous editions include Art and Audio.
Tue, 08/01/2017 – 12:08